Monday, May 19, 2014

Space Oddity Oddity



It seems that the video made by the Canadian Astronaut Chris Hadfield has been put on private because his one year license to use the song was up. He made a deal with David Bowie's copyright lawyers and now the time is up.  The story was posted yesterday and I see some of the versions of the video can't be watched, but I found one that still works and posted it above. I'm curious to see if it will get blocked. This gets to one of the issues that interests me about how copyright law is enforced. I would have thought that having the astronaut sing the song would have been good publicity for David Bowie and it obviously doesn't complete with Bowie's version. Why be so small minded about it that you are only able to parcel out one year. What happened to groovy David Bowie. Is he still mad about Vanilla Ice?  I suppose that it's reassuring that men's laws are still enforced in space. I wonder if an American has second ammendment rights in outer space? 


No comments:

Post a Comment